Sonoma State Police Department offers Livescan Fingerprinting. Please call 707-664-4444 to set up an appointment or come to the department Tuesday through Thursday, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. SSU Police does not provide the Livescan service request forms, please have your department or businesses form pre-filled upon arrival.
You will need to bring a valid government-issued photo identification card. Seawolf ID cards are not acceptable.
Acceptable primary forms of photo identification include any of the following:
- California Driver's License
- Department of Motor Vehicles Identification Card
- Out-of-state driver's license
In the absence of a primary form of identification, one or more of the following may be accepted as secondary forms of identification, but only with two supplemental documents (refer to "Supplemental Documents" at the bottom of this section):
- State government issued Certificate of Birth
- U.S. Active Duty/Retiree/Reservist Military Identification Card (000 10-2)
- U.S. Passport
- Federal government Personal Identity Verification Card (PIV)
- Department of Defense Common Access Card
- U.S. Tribal or Bureau of Indian Affairs Identification Card
- Social Security Card
- Court Order for Name Change/Gender Change/Adoption/Divorce
- Marriage Certificate (Government issued certificate)
- U.S. Government issued Consular Report of Birth Abroad 3
- Foreign Passport with appropriate immigration document(s)
- Certificate of Citizenship (N560)
- Certificate of Naturalization (N550)
- INS I-551 Resident Alien Card issued since 1997
- INS I-688 Temporary Resident Identification Card
- INS I-688B, I-766 Employment Authorization Card
When validating the authenticity of secondary identification documents and forms, the data and information need to be supported by at least two of the following supplemental documents:
- Utility bill (address)
- Jurisdictional voter registration card
- Vehicle registration card/title
- Paycheck stub with name/address
- Spouse/parent affidavit
- Cancelled check or bank statement
- Mortgage documents
When supplemental documentation does not support the validation of the original identification documents, staff will not accept the form of original identification as valid and the applicant will not be fingerprinted.
Prior to the fingerprinting process, it is imperative that the identity of the applicant be established.
The certified fingerprint roller is responsible for checking the identification of individuals being fingerprinted.
A valid photo identification must be presented by the applicant and checked closely by the certified fingerprint roller. This ensures that the applicant’s identity is validated against proper identification, which results in accurate information submitted to the Department of Justice (DOJ).
Please note that recently, the National Crime Prevention and Privacy Compact Council issued a guide for use in determining what constitutes a valid ID, outlined in primary and secondary forms of identification.
The DOJ requires acceptance only of current, valid, and unexpired picture identification documents as a primary valid identification. The certified fingerprint roller must examine the photo identification presented to ensure all of the following:
- The personal descriptor information (name, gender, date of birth, etc.) matches the information provided on the Request for Live Scan Service form (BCIA 8016FP).
- The expiration date has not elapsed.
- The photograph reasonably resembles the applicant’s physical appearance.
Alternate Livescan service may be obtained at Ameriprints, 5685 Redwood Drive #101, Rohnert Park, CA 94928, (707) 588-9866.