How to Apply for the Internship
- Be a registered full-time SSU student.
- Download, type, complete, and print out the SSU application for student employment form available on Human Resources.
Please note: Hand-written applications will not be accepted. You must sign the application.
Submit your completed application in person at the Sonoma State Police Department or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To succeed as a Sonoma State Police Student Intern, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, physical demands, and/or ability required:
- Ability to remain calm and make sound judgments in emergency situations and use diplomacy when providing assistance.
- Ability to complete a basic background investigation, consisting of a Persona History Statement and Live Scan.
- Ability to prioritize work, complete assignments independently, work under direction, and perform professionally as a member of the team.
- Physical ability to stand and walk, climb and balance, reach with hands and arms; crouch; work at a keyboard, bend, stoop, lift, and move goods and/or tools weighing up to 50 lbs a distance of 25 feet.
- Must be a registered full-time SSU student.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
- Ability to observe potentially hazardous conditions or activities.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work independently and make sound judgments
Contact us at email@example.com.